We’ve been hearing an awful lot about lead poisoning in Flint, Michigan, but is the problem exclusive to them??? Owners there are beginning to bring their dogs in for blood tests to check for lead poisoning. According to the A.P “…so far, out of the 266 dogs tested, 7 came back positive.” PetMD states: “The symptoms for lead poisoning relate with the gastrointestinal (GI) and central nervous system (CNS). GI systems, are seen with chronic and low-level exposure, whereas CNS symptoms are more common in acute exposure in young animals. Some of the symptoms include: Vomiting, Diarrhea, Lethargy, Poor appetite, Abdominal pain, Weakness, Hysteria, extreme anxiety, Seizures & Blindness. Sources can include paint chips, car batteries, solder, plumbing material, lubricating material, lead foil, golf balls, or any other material containing lead, Use of improperly glazed ceramic food or water utensil & Lead-contaminated water”. If your dog is exhibiting any signs he’s not feeling well, don’t wait! Take your dog to the Vet for an exam and blood work. If you suspect lead poisoning, buy drinking water for everyone & close the toilet lids (obviously between uses!).